Monday 8 August 2016

From the diary of Abu Laura Episode 2

From  the diary of Abu Laura Episode 1
Read it Here
From the diary Abu Laura 2

The following day her cousin Sa'eed came. When I asked him whether they went out together, he told me that she met him earlier that day that he should take her to one of her aunt at one village close to us. When they went there but they didn't meet her, so they returned. Then Aisha's sister who insulted me earlier called him to confirmed if they meet her or not. When he told her she insisted they should go back, but she refused to told him what they were going there for. He further told me that his mum tried my line that night but she couldn't reached me, I asked him to show me the number, I discovered it was not my number. That made my mind softened against his mum.

I finally went to meet her. She said she saw her in the night and asked her why was she still around, to my surprise her mum told me Aisha said I sent her back just because she visited her, as a reasonable woman she asked her, "did you leave the house without his permission"? Because this is not the first time you're visiting me. Aisha said "I was in the other room when she left". She asked her agai: "Does that mean you don't greets your husband in the morning? Aisha said "muna gaba". Gaba! How comes with your husband? Ok let it be so. If you greet him thrice without response why haven't you notify any elder around to verify. Aisha stay silence.

I then realized that the incidence was planned with her aunty. I went to her waliy and explained the situation to him. One of her younger sister saw me with the Waliyy called Aisha from the neighborhood, my little Khairat ran towards me while Aisha entered their house. He intervened that I should bring my wife back. I went to Aisha's parent house when one of my uncle forced me to. On getting there, one of her aunt said " a danginmu ba a auren duka", I  asked her, "Umma sau nawa kika taba marin mijin ki"? she was shocked and replied never she only leaves when she provoked him. After a long debating I was asked to forgive her and bring her back. Weeks later, I gave her transport fare back with strict warning of coming with only two or three people to help her arrange her room.

Let me take u back a bit. There was this cousin of Aisha who requested both of them to attend the naming ceremony of her baby if she deliver. Unfortunately, when the time was due, I had not enough money. Halima noticed I haven't said anything about the trip. Then she asked me how about Aisha's trip, I said I had only N400 with me that was for the cefane of the next day. She said it is not possible, even if she's Aisha she won't believe me cause am only broke when it comes to her. She further said I should give the money to Aisha and as for them they'll manage till evening when I returned from work. After dragging I accepted and pray for her more reasoning in future. I gave her the money to give Aisha in the morning, because she don't greets me.

In the evening after I returned, I saw her & I enquired what happened, Halima said Aisha suggested to be patience upto Sallah period, when she prepared to visit her mum. I said ok. The following morning she was lying down instead to prepare  my breakfast, I talked to her but she hissed I noticed something is wrong. "sanin hali yafi sanin kama". I remained silent, she left the room and prepared my breakfast. This happened before the day she went out without my permission.

Aisha visited her elder sister in Bauchi, I called the sister and told her what was going on, that she should help me calm Aisha down to forget everything when she returned. Unfortunately, that day we went to the market to buy school food pack and sandals for Khairat, and I told Aisha to called me before they left home so that Halima can prepare food for them before they arrives. She did not call until when they were close to home. We left the market for home, on arrival I asked Halima to make dambu for me before she finishes Aisha's and her entourage food because I was hungry. Before I start eating my dambu, I heard their voice, only Khairat said the sallama and Halima responded and hugged her. To my surprise, I saw 8 of them instead of 2 that I warned earlier. They started habaice-habaice. I warned Halima to remain silent to whatever they might said to provoke her. Aisha called her niece to prepare food for them, Halima told me she heard Aisha on phone with her niece asking her to bring food for them, I said I heard her but she should proceed, cause it's better to give them even if they would refuse to take. When they came back, I called Aisha to take the food for them, but she said they don't want the food. I let her be.

The following morning, one of them met me and claimed that Halima did not respond to their sallam, I said I was around but I only heard Khairat's voice not theirs, that Halima also complained  that they entered without sallam. I left for work the following morning, they used that opportunity and  insulted Halima, before I left I asked her to go to our neighbor's house to stay til I come back. My neighbor could not bear much, she called me, "shin sabon biki ake ko rakiya su ka yiwo" I then called her cousin Fatima to tell her mum to send someone to my house to order them away. I couldn't wait, I also went there, upon my arrival, I met her elder sister Jummai whom came with them, I called her attention and explained my feelings she apologized and ordered them out. I sat them down and asked them to forget and forgive everyone just to shame the devil.

After a while, Halima is the one taking Khairat to and from school everyday. She doesn't want to eat anything during break, so we decided to be frying egg and Bobo drink. Even when am broke Halima would buy for her, bath her even if is not her girki period, in fact she act as much as what every mum could do to her kid.  We used to eat together, Aisha started withdrawing herself, and try to be cooking her food separate, when I opposed that, Halima suggested I should let her be just to let peace reign.

To be continued...

For more updates on Inside Arewa Stories Follow Us on Instagram and Twitter @Insidearewa or add 08066680993 on whatsapp

No comments:

Post a Comment