Saturday 13 August 2016

Diary of Interrupted dreams: Episode 4


Read 
Diary of Interrupted dreams:Episode 3 

The major disagreement we had was when he want me to go on a birth control after Hamida but I wouldn't  listen later I was convinced and went for it  after it has expired I didn't take in that was 2 years ago.Then he began worrying that he wants another baby I was so pissed off that,one night I simply replied angrily "was it not all your fault? and let me be clear with you if I couldn't have any more babies I wouldn't forgive you" I finished up almost closed to tears. "Hey hold it don't you dare shift the blame on me we are in this together "He replied me angrily too. I was devastated for this selfishness, because I could still remember how we fought and he even stopped eating my food and slept in separate room, till I agreed to try the birth control.

Now look at how he is wrongly accusing me of been a party too. Such is life and said to myself and say no more.The next day he apologized and everything was buried, we visited several hospitals they all said we are both fine that its just a matter of time.And we were reassured.

It was our 4 yrs anniversary and Hamida's 3 yrs birthday, I wanted trying out baking a cake for her and our anniversary i just had a sudden resolution that, thats my destiny to spend the rest of my life with Mansur. The cakes came out perfect I covered them with fondant .I changed into a new clothes and have everything ready and waiting for Mansur and Hamida ,they went to see His Mum. It was so unusual they didn't come back and it was already 8: 39pm , even though it has rained heavily, there were only few drizzles then and everywhere was dark. I just felt uncomfortable lots of things going through my mind, I called Hajiya, she told me they left her place a few minutes ago, but they should have been here by now I thought. I looked at the clock hanging on the wall that just clocked 9pm, at the same time my phone rang I nearly jumped out of my skin.I couldn't register the number at first but then   I identified it quickly. Shamsu I said covering my mouth,what do you want? I didn't pick. He called four times. Then I saw Mansur number calling I picked it up quickly "Haba Abu Hamida what are you doing out there, am...." Before I could finish I heard the voice I will never forget "Aneesah don't hang up listen there is an accident and your husband is involved don't panick please, just minor injuries he will be fine" he paused for a while and said "are you still with me?" "Yes" I said okay good now get yourself together and come to ABU teaching hospital casualty's room. Do call his number I will be with him"
I was dumbfounded what could this be? ',oh lord not now" Then I remembered Hamida and quickly dialled the number he picked and I asked "How about my baby?" "She is good want to speak to her?" he asked " No problem" I said and hang up. 

I called Idi driver to take me there because I can't drive in this state of mind. I totally forgot everything till when we reached the junction that will lead to Hajiya's  house that I remembered calling her, I just simply asked if she is home so we branched and picked her up. I told her what happened while in the car and she was just saying salutations, and wishing Mansur a speedy recovery and ease. I called Abba and Umma too. They said they will right behind us.

When we get the hospital I called his number and Shamsu directed us to where Mansur was, at the intensive care units, lying helplessly and dying. I couldn't control my sobs. So asked that I should be taken away from there and I was led gently and saddle on a chair at the reception. I just could believe this was happening. I prayed and prayed. I saw Umma and Abba I ran to them and hugged them crying. The nurses came and asked me that Mansur was conscious and calling my name I ran inside, every limb on his body was broken, he was covered with bandages, I went closer that's when I heard what he kept saying ,"Aneesah take care of my mum and daughter "I suddenly became frightened. I didn't want to believe what I was thinking, the doctors came and gave him injection to calm him, ease the pains and make him sleep.

Umma,Abba and Hajiya insisted that I should go home ,but I refused I insisted on staying so they let me be, they thanked Shamsu and he left. Abba and ummi went back also, me and Hajiya stayed back. I didn't sleep, am afraid that if I close my eyes I will loose him. Around 4am he suddenly opened his eyes and beckoned me,the whole of my been was shaking. He smiled and said 'why are you crying am I dying?" 'No you are Mansur get well soon " I said forcing a smile.

Now let me get some sleep, if Hajiya woke up tell her I love her and thank her for me and to our daughter may Allah bless all of you,", He winced in pains and continued "you are such an amazing wife may all your days be filled with Allah's mercies". with that he closed his eyes and opened them, took a long look at me then uttered shahada and closed his eyes firmly and felt asleep or so I thought because he never wake up again. I went to get something from the shop outside and I came to the room and found him covered from head to toe, that is enough prove that Mansur has answered the call of his creator may his soul rest in peace. All what I could be able to say was Innalillahi wa Inna ilaihi raji'un may your soul rest in peace. Hajiya suddenly woke up too held me, sat me down and joined me in supplicating. After a while Abba and Umma came and make the necessaries and then the corpse was collected and we proceeded home for the funeral. Shamsu followed us and was the first to pay condolence to me.
to be continue insha Allah on Wednesday 17th August
For more updates on Inside Arewa Stories Follow Us on Instagram and Twitter @Insidearewa or add 08066680993 on whatsapp



Feel Free To Comments Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment